Monday 5 August 2019

I'm a winner!!!! London, here I come.

Recently I entered every competition I found so that I could win myself a pass to RootsTech, which is on in London in October. This will be my first time in London, as well as my first RootsTech extravaganza. On Friday night I found out that I was a winner!! Many thanks to RootsTech London Ambassador, John, from Antecedentia in The Netherlands. I'm looking forward to meeting him in London, as well as going to RootsTech and experiencing a week of sightseeing.

John messaged me, but also put up his winning entry draw on YouTube. I still get a stupid grin on my face when I watch it. Thank you so much, John, for drawing my name out of a RootsTech mug.

Here's a bit about John. If you need any expertise in Dutch research he's the person to see.


Photograph of John Boeren in Tilburg, the Netherlands




Antecedentia | Genealogy in the Netherlands is founded by John Boeren (*1973) from Tilburg, the Netherlands.
He studied at Tilburg Law School and at the School for Archivists in The Hague. For almost ten years he worked at the Regional Archives in Tilburg, mainly as a manager of the Department for Research Services and Education.
Since 1988 he is engaged with genealogy and other forms of historical research. All those years he has been an instructor for genealogy courses. He regularly gives lectures about genealogy or local history. He publishes articles in books and magazines. John is a graduate of the National Institute for Genealogical Studies (Professional Development Certificate and Methodology Certificate).

No comments:

Post a Comment