Saturday 26 March 2016

A beautiful bride, and a handsome groom

George Duncan MACKY and Amy Lisette KING 

While preparing another blog post on family resemblances I came across this photo of my husband's great grandfather, George Duncan MACKY (1880 - 1940) to Amy Lisette KING (1881 - 1963). They were married at the Methodist Church at Millers Forest, near Raymond Terrace, NSW on 2nd December 1908.

Initially I was stuck by how beautiful the bride was, then I noticed how much my husband looks like his great grandfather George, then I thought how hot the poor bride must have been in all that clothing in an Australian summer. I bet she was glad to get out of that dress by the end of the day.

2 comments:

  1. Really nice wedding picture.

    Dixon Family Genealogy Blog
    http://dixonfamilygenealogy.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete